Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get an unlock code

Matt0101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hey there. I've recently switched over to a different provider from o2 and I am in need of an unlock code for my mobile device. I called o2 up and requested this and they said they are unable to provide me with a code as I bought the phone around 6 months ago from a friend who I'm no longer in touch with. O2 just tell me to contact the original owner of the phone. So I called o2 again and they recommend me to go to carphone warehouse to get it unlocked. However, after looking on their website, apparently they don't do phone unlocking? So I don't know what to do now. Thanks
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

OK, lets check with admin.......

@Marjo @Martin-O2 can you check please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Matt0101
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you MI5
Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
No problem mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

Matt0101
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have now solved this by using the online chat and talking to a guru. Who sent me a code without issue. Thanks for the help
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Told you they were talking rubbish wink

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @Marjo 

Another pitiful show of support from customer service!

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 .

Good to see you got this resolved in the end @Matt0101  and sorry to hear you had a frustrating time doing so. I'll make sure to pass on the feedback about this and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional comments you'd like to pass on as well. 

Message 17 of 17