Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel a contract

TM5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We all don't have 3 hours per day to sit and wait for O2 to answer the phone. Just to cancel a contract. It's an absolute joke. I have a life outside contacting O2. Just cancelled my direct debit. They were soon on the phone to tell me I m not allowed to do that without contacting them WTF!!!!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

This will help you @TM5 - Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  - and you have added your post to a very old thread, confusingly (I have asked the Forum admins to move it to its own thread in Tech Support section). Cancelling your direct debit is a dangerous tactic, as a missed payment twice in a row results in an automated system sending your details to a debt collection agency.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

This will help you @TM5 - Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  - and you have added your post to a very old thread, confusingly (I have asked the Forum admins to move it to its own thread in Tech Support section). Cancelling your direct debit is a dangerous tactic, as a missed payment twice in a row results in an automated system sending your details to a debt collection agency.

Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

@TM5 This thread is 10 years old

As to cancelling your Direct debit they will send a letter then simply sell on the debt to a debt recovery agency who will not be nice.

Kiss goodbye to a good credit history and getting a loan or a contract elsewhere

This guide lists all the ways to cancel. 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

rueolearywalker
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely. Honest disgusting way to treat customers.

Message 4 of 7

CallumM
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently trying to cancel my contract as virign media messed up my original order - i have got an o2 sim which i dont need/use & i'm being charged £10 a month which i have now cancelled but still keep getting threatening letters and texts to say i need to pay & i have tried calling over 10  times now to resolve but nobody knows what they're doing - rubbish service. if anyone at o2 see's this please get in touch and cancel my contact or speak to virigin how someone managed to mess my order up so badly.

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11616 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@CallumM 

No one from o2 will see your message or contact you.. You will need to speak to Virgin and get them to cancel the entire package.  

Unfortunately o2 wont know what has happened with Virgin and cancelling your Direct Debit was not the correct way to do it. 

Good Luck with Virgin Media

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

I doubt your order was actually messed up but knowing Virgin it probably wasn't explained to you properly (quite common) 

You will have been placed on a Volt Package where the cost of your broadband was reduced and your data speed increased to the next band by taking out the SIM.

The big problems is although you signed up in one go with Virgin you end up with two separate accounts and direct debits.

Regretfully, both sets of customer services are woefully lacking when it comes to disconnections.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7