cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Shared Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier this week I successfully signed up to a Shared Data plan: One Pay Monthly Refresh contract is the "leader" with 5Gb data allowance sharing with two "member" Pay Monthly Simplicity contracts.

A new page has appeared in My O2 which shows in a nice graphical way the leader and the member devices and how much data is being used by each device and how much is left etc. However, after nearly one week of data usage the member devices, the overall leader allowance is still showing 5Gb - and the members are showing up as having not consumed any data.

My question is: what is the length of the time-delay between the time that data is consumed and the time that it shows up on the data sharing page My O2?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, busy with the o2 travel project Destroy

I have done a bit of digging about this one. Data is suppose to show 20/30 minutes after it has been used by the way.

So that is a fault! Whilst digging for information I've discovered an issue with data resetting on my o2 and the shared tariffs are one of the ones affected. So it has been reported, and IT are working on it.

If you can, ring 202 and report it. They will raise a case for your account also. That way your account will be monitored for the fault.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think I will call @Anonymous  to answer this one..as she recently printed an article on data sharing tariffs wink

She works for O2 and posts on here to assist ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have though it ,as other normal data usage should update at Midnight.
Message 3 of 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I think it usually takes up to 24 hours for the data usage to update

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done a bit of digging about this one. Data is suppose to show 20/30 minutes after it has been used by the way.

So that is a fault! Whilst digging for information I've discovered an issue with data resetting on my o2 and the shared tariffs are one of the ones affected. So it has been reported, and IT are working on it.

If you can, ring 202 and report it. They will raise a case for your account also. That way your account will be monitored for the fault.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your advice @Anonymous - makes sense - will call in to 202 as suggested.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have done a bit of digging about this one. Data is suppose to show 20/30 minutes after it has been used by the way.

Hope this helps.

That helps greatly rosadosc thank you. 

Its been thought that the system catches up on Data usage at Midnight. 

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for clarifying that @Anonymous ...I wouldn't even attempt to answer.... as personally, I had no clue....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries @Anonymous . The more examples they have , the better. It makes It's job easier and it gets fixed faster slight_smile

Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that @Anonymous ...I wouldn't even attempt to answer.... as personally, I had no clue....LOL

Good advice for everyone to note @Cleoriff 

Too many questions are confused by people posting stuff that they have no knowledge of 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12