cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two direct debits for the same IMEI number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought an iPhone 5 and had a contract set up with a new number, I then phoned up O2 to switch my number over however they set up a brand new contract instead so I had two contracts for the same IMEI number.  I phoned them up, said I'd be called back but never was, phoned again.. said I was going to be called back but never was and phoned up a third time and the man said the first contract set up was cancelled and that he has filled in a form and I'll be phoned back in 3 days about getting the money back I paid for one of the bills.  I've just cancelled the direct debit for the first contract with my bank, will O2 be chasing me for the money?  Or has it truely been cancelled?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Wait until the refund has been sorted out and you have a final bill for that account, then stop it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Only O2 can tell you if it's truely gone.

They shouldn't be chasing you for their mistakes don't worry:) only thing you must do is make sure O2 don't put a black mark on your credit rating for the 2nd contract:)

They are reimbursing you?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Are you able to access the accounts on My O2?

Definitely contact customer service again so you double check what is happening with the 2nd account. Ask them to confirm the account is closed and you will be refunded for incorrect charges.

You should also ask them to confirm in writing even if it's only by email. Let us know how you go on. If the account is still active when the direct debit is due then you could have problems.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I phoned O2 this morning and she confirmed it had been cancelled and that a refund was currently being processed for the month I paid. Do I need to cancel the direct debit with my bank for that contract or do O2 just stop taking money?
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Wait until the refund has been sorted out and you have a final bill for that account, then stop it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5