Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts - how to cancel 1

JAT-JT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 2 accounts with 2 separate phone numbers and never use 1 of them.  How do I close the inactive one?  I can only find an option to completely close my o2 account and I don't want to do that.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JAT-JT how to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774 

Calling 202 would be your safest option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JAT-JT how to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774 

Calling 202 would be your safest option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Calling would definitely be the best option @JAT-JT

You wouldn't want the wrong one cancelled Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, that would be embarrassing wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

JAT-JT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally got a guru to chat with and hopefully fingers and toes crossed, they have cancelled the correct one - note I couldn't get a guru when using Firefox - but got one immediately on IE - tip from a previous thread - thank you

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Keep checking My O2 that it has been cancelled correctly. I do worry when Chat say they ave closed an account as they usually tell you to call customer service. It would seem that you got through to a UK guru though so all should be well

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JAT-JT I would call customer service and double check this, if I were you. As a general rule we don't advise people to use Live Chat for account related issues. There have been a few horror stories over the years. Much better to speak to someone for your peace of mind to ensure the correct account has been canceled, and to see if there is anything owed on the account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7