Did you mean: 

Trying to add 3 new sims to my contract - failed credit check

mark308
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm trying to move from EE to O2. I set up a sim only contract for myself yesterday which is set up / login details in place etc. I called O2 today trying to add 3 more sims to my account for my family members. A credit check was then failed with no reason given so I had to give up with that call.

Can somebody advise how I can get this resolved so I can give O2 some more business and move my family members?! One thread I found appeared to get resolved by @O2Emma so am hopeful she can help? Fingers crossed. 

From searching these forums, I can see that this is a VERY common issue with no obvious solution leading to much frustration. From other threads it seems that leaving it a few days / 30 days before re-trying makes no difference so I'm keen to try and avoid wasting time.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

mark308
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Noted thanks. My father in law is already on O2 so I had also confirmed via that route as well that his phone worked fine in the locations I’m usually in.

All that said, I lost the will to live dealing with O2 sales so did after much haggling I managed to stay with EE and cancel my O2 contract within the cooling off period.

EE are £5 a month more than O2 but EE did add on free EU roaming for me and £5 is worth it to avoid the aggro of switching.

Thanks all for you replies.

Message 11 of 13

mark308
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

FYI for anyone else struggling with this. I just had a reply to a message I sent a couple of days ago to O2 via X (Twitter)..... this is their unhelpful response:

"We're aware of the ongoing issue with regards to the credit check and we're sorry to hear this. If there's anything further, let us know".

So, as I suspected, it seems it's a known issue with no fix and no appetite to fix. Good luck everyone!

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That's the main issue with social media

We are supposed to direct customers there but replies are  very impersonal and sometimes condescending

Message 13 of 13