cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truth or Dare

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the truth with PAYG?

I am an erratic user of aan old PAYG tariff. Some months I topup a load then nothing for a couple of months.

The new PAYG tariffs, do they allow this or do you HAVE to topup, say, ten quid EVERY month?

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Cheers both.

So, it looks like I need to topup to get freebies BUT if I don't topup, that's still ok but I just don't get the freebies?

Does the credit last forever or lapse after a month?

That's perfectly correct.

The credit lasts for as long as you have the simcard as long as you make a chargeable call every 6 months. I think you also have to top up every 999 days.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 unlimited is where you top up £10 to get unlimited text to other o2 users, top up £15 & you get unlimited calls & text to any O2 user subject to a fair usage policy which is usually 2990 text & 1200 minutes I think. Check myo2 for how muth you have left. If you have used up all your allowance, top up again or just use your credit up

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144729 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The new PAYG tariffs, do they allow this or do you HAVE to topup, say, ten quid EVERY month?

Cheers.

Depends on which package you choose. Some require a monthly topup to get free calls/texts/data whilst others just allow you to top up and use it as credit. See the tariff pages for details in the "shop" tab above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers both.

So, it looks like I need to topup to get freebies BUT if I don't topup, that's still ok but I just don't get the freebies?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144729 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Credit lasts as long as you make it last.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Cheers both.

That's perfectly correct.

The credit lasts for as long as you have the simcard as long as you make a chargeable call every 6 months. I think you also have to top up every 999 days.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
beaut, cheers.
Message 7 of 7