Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number from O2 to new O2 sim

JCB811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently got a new contract with O2 and want to keep my old number. I've used the online form to transfer the number, before 5pm yesterday, said it would be done next working day (today) but my old number is still working even though they said it would stop working in the morning. 

Does this process actually take longer than next working day? Does anyone have any recent experience with this? 

Can't contact customer service as it's not an urgent matter and they won't take my call

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@JCB811 

With the current situation, systems are running very slow. You need to persevere with customer services.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

JCB811
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem with customer services is that when you ring they ask for your problem and if it's not one of the issues they deem important (there are like 4 option such as not paying your bill or fraudulent activity) they just hang up on you. 

Might just have to lie and say it's one of their options just to get through to someone

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@JCB811 wrote:

The problem with customer services is that when you ring they ask for your problem and if it's not one of the issues they deem important (there are like 4 option such as not paying your bill or fraudulent activity) they just hang up on you. 

Might just have to lie and say it's one of their options just to get through to someone

You could say you are one of the frontline staff. I may get panned for saying that but hey ho. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

JCB811
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Managed to get through by lying 👀 

They are advising customers to give it a couple of days and she said to me if it's not done by Friday I can give them another call. She was very helpful and lovely considering the current circumstances. You can't help but feel sorry for them with such little staff and high volumes of calls. 

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Totally agree @JCB811 

It's stressful times for us all though.... and we aren't really getting updates about what is happening with O2 staff. Still at least you got a response so good for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If it isn't done by Friday then it will be Tuesday as they don't port or transfer numbers at weekend

Message 7 of 7