Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping up

Tom1959
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Pay Monthly account. Can I link a PAYG telephone to my account, so that I can keep an eye on on the credit level and top up when nnecessary?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tom1959

As shown here

Bring in products.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes. You need to select the option to bring in other products in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Tom1959
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, your link opens the My O2 page, however, I don't see anywhere on it that I can add another phone to my account?

When I topped up this morning, I got goven a link top set up a new My O2 account, but I don't want top do this. Unfortunately, O2 support do not have e.mail access. I find it very difficult to ring Customer Services now as you invariably get a crackly line and an operator with a strong foreign accent.

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tom1959

As shown here

Bring in products.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Tom1959
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff, thanks for the screenshot, this is exactly whayt I want to do, however, I KNEW THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

I clicked the link, only to get a message that the PAYG phone is already linked to a My O2 account and that I should log into that. This is true, because I used to be able to top up the same phone previously. I put my phone number in, only to be told that I can't use the same account that I am logged in to, I need to use my other account. I've had only this account for about 20 years, so who knows what they are on about! I went round in circles for a wee while before dialling 202.

Pay Monthly team says that PAYG team need to deal with it. PAYG says that it is impossible.

Sometimes, I wish I wasn't with O2, they used to be really good.

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Tom1959

If it isn't working then O2 customer services are the only people who have access your account to set this up for you.

I would try later with them and hopefully, you may get a more helpful response from another adviser.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 7