cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to resolve signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to O2 about 3 months ago however have been very disapointed with the coverage.

From the first day of having issues i logged into the Network Status where it stated "high service demand in the area. Hope to be resolved soon". 3 month's on and my patience is wearing thin. 2G coverage is fairly bearable however 3G is useless. I have tried a new handset and a new sim card but issue persists.

Whilst i accept the T's & C's that the network doesn't guarantee service everywhere, surely network issues such as high demand should be resolved within a suitable time frame? 3 months DEFINATELY isnt a suitable time frame.

Currently i have a handset advertised as a smartphone but cannot use any of the smartphone features. 

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144982 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Just as I expected you to get..... On all counts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just recieved an email from the Complaints Review Service after i chose to seek more information regarding the timescales to resolve a known network fault.

Essentially they have informed me they do not have to adhere to a timescale....it seems network issues can last indefinately.

After pointing out their own T's & C's such as section 2.2 "You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care" and  "Sometimes technical issues or outages on our Network can occur. If something goes wrong, we'll try to fix it quickly" along with other conditions I felt they haven't kept to, O2 have offered me a vastly reduced early termination fee or the free return of my unlocked handset.

I am now deciding to take them up on their offer or request a notice of deadlock to proceed through an Ombudsman

Message 52 of 67

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Progress of a sort but it seems strange they are allowed an indefinite or indefinable period of time to fix issues.

Message 53 of 67

MI5
  • 144982 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Just out of interest, what else is it you expect the Ombudsman to do ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Progress of a sort but it seems strange they are allowed an indefinite or indefinable period of time to fix issues.

Yes this amazes me. I just cannot understand how there cannot be a legality somewhere which states they have to maintain a certain level of service by correcting known issues.

Message 55 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Just out of interest, what else is it you expect the Ombudsman to do ?

At the moment it seems the network can dismiss all known issues by claiming "congestion" and not doing anything to provide their paying customers with a decent level of service. Part of me just wants to know if an Ombudsman would also deem this unacceptable

Message 56 of 67

MI5
  • 144982 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
I'm sure they would just hide behind the planned network upgrades......?

Currently using:
Message 57 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your probably right......but how long can they hide? Don't know

Message 58 of 67

MI5
  • 144982 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Until the end of 2017 at the moment 😞

Currently using:
Message 59 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Mind you it was interesting to read @Anonymous reply from the Complaints Review Service AND the offer he was made...

The fact they actually made that offer seems to infer there are other channels to pursue...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 67