cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts showing as emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes...

My husband has just bought an iPhone 5 and now all the texts I receive from him show as coming from his email address and not as his name/number. They're not being delivered to my email inbox but in my messages app, rather than seeing 'Matt' at the top I see his full email address.

Is this something to do with his settings or mine? What's the solution please?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh now i see, is it imessage, deactivate it then delete your email addresses from imessage then it should be fine

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both of you delete each other's contacts then re-add them as new, making sure no email addresses are listed, just your phone numbers.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not worked... But then we didn't have email addresses in our contacts for each other anyway?

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
do both of you have facebook app on your handsets? if so it may be that facebook has integrated your fb contacts into your phone contacts. try temporarily deleting fb app from both handsets to see.
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... But it hasn't contacts...

Maybe some more context will help! Prior to his new iPhone 5 he had an iPhone 4s so all his info should have transferred straight over. I remember this happening some time ago (18 months or so) but the instructions given on various forums at the time arent relevant to the latest operating system.

Am trying to change the settings under Messages then Send & Receive, will report of that works...

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nightmare writing on this forum on an iPad, it's making really random text changes hence the missing words on my post sorry!

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like the facebook sync problem again, uninstall & reinstall the app, when it says would you like to sync contacts, press no

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to do with Facebook, deleting and adding the app has made no difference. And anyway, I haven't got th new phone, he has, so Facebook settings shouldn't have changed for me. I think it's something to do with the apple ID...

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh now i see, is it imessage, deactivate it then delete your email addresses from imessage then it should be fine

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh ok - I thought I might need to keep my email on there (as well as my number) for some reason. If not, happy days! Will try it out, fingers crossed...

Message 10 of 21