Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages

Missdemeanor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone receiving multiple copies of text messages after I receive one I get umpteen copies of it I'm fed up of it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

See the post here from @Chris_K 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/receiving-multiple-text-messages/m-p/1615180#M32524

This is a known issue that's impacting select devices with a Mediatek chipset, such as the OPPO X5 Lite, Oppo Reno 8, Motorola G60s, OPPO A94 or OPPO A57s. Vendors are working on software updates to resolve these issues but these updates may arrive at different times, separate to one another.

For the OPPO X5 Lite the good news is we have just approved a new build with the SMS fix, so that will start rolling out within the next week or so.

For anyone experiencing a multiple SMS issue that's not one of the above devices or has a Mediatek chipset, this won't be a known issue and is unlikely to be related. In these cases I'd suggest getting in touch with our teams via Social Media so we can check into this further.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Missdemeanor 

This is an issue that's been reported quite a few times.

Sometimes a new sim stops this. Pop instore and  they will swap it over for you. Make sure you take some ID.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

See the post here from @Chris_K 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/receiving-multiple-text-messages/m-p/1615180#M32524

This is a known issue that's impacting select devices with a Mediatek chipset, such as the OPPO X5 Lite, Oppo Reno 8, Motorola G60s, OPPO A94 or OPPO A57s. Vendors are working on software updates to resolve these issues but these updates may arrive at different times, separate to one another.

For the OPPO X5 Lite the good news is we have just approved a new build with the SMS fix, so that will start rolling out within the next week or so.

For anyone experiencing a multiple SMS issue that's not one of the above devices or has a Mediatek chipset, this won't be a known issue and is unlikely to be related. In these cases I'd suggest getting in touch with our teams via Social Media so we can check into this further.

Message 3 of 3