cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not being received

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed for months that some text messages aren't being received until later on after they were sent but recently it's got worse, I'm able to receive messages off some contacts but they don't recieve my reply and other contacts I'm not receiving anything from and they're not receiving my text messages either. I checked the coverage map (YO22 4HZ) and it says that there  if perfectly good signal in my area.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks. is it possible it's due to the weather, i did check signal coverage but i know not many people are on o2 in the small town where i live

Yes the weather is causing all sorts of issues as well as with mobile communications.

I just thank my lucky stars im not knee deep in water.

"

15/02/2014 14:00

Due to power disruption caused by adverse weather conditions, we’re still experiencing issues with parts of our service in the South and North West of the UK. This means some of our customers may have difficulty in making and receiving calls and texts or using data on their devices.  We’re working with our suppliers to restore full service as quickly as we can.

"

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its worth checking your blocked calls/texts settings in your phone.

And ask the other person to check theirs.

It is a common occurance.

Delays in sending and receiving texts can happen too which no one has really been able to put their finger on apart from saying it could be network congestion, or clean your sim card, and or replace it by visiting an 02 shop where they will perform the swapmysim for you or have one posted to you and do this at home via the link http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Turning your phone off and on helps reset the network connections too.

The service status http://status.o2.co.uk/ says all ok for your area at the moment, although the current weather conditions may be playing a part.

Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Try getting a new sim card - pop into an O2 shop and they will do it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only got a new sim card recently

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I only got a new sim card recently

Is everything else working ok.

How recently was the sim swap carried out if this was performed ?

may still be settling.

You could Phone CS on 202 contract or 4445 PAYG just to make sure your account is Ok.

If viable try your sim in another phone as a process of elimination.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, as far as i know everything else is fine. i think it was about 6 months ago when i changed sim card as i had to swap to a micro sim instead of a standard size sim card.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, as far as i know everything else is fine. i think it was about 6 months ago when i changed sim card as i had to swap to a micro sim instead of a standard size sim card.

Right well it only takes approx 24 hours for a sim swap to settle.

I can only suggest trying all the other suggestions.

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. is it possible it's due to the weather, i did check signal coverage but i know not many people are on o2 in the small town where i live

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes the weather is causing all sorts of issues as well as with mobile communications.

I just thank my lucky stars im not knee deep in water.

"

15/02/2014 14:00

Due to power disruption caused by adverse weather conditions, we’re still experiencing issues with parts of our service in the South and North West of the UK. This means some of our customers may have difficulty in making and receiving calls and texts or using data on their devices.  We’re working with our suppliers to restore full service as quickly as we can.

"

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi my phone is new and just over24 hours old iam having problems with text messages I have sent to some people and they have not received them but when I sent a text to my old phone it worked fine so what do you think the phone is working I can call the numbers I texted fine but can't send messages because they are not receiving them
Message 10 of 17