cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not being received

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed for months that some text messages aren't being received until later on after they were sent but recently it's got worse, I'm able to receive messages off some contacts but they don't recieve my reply and other contacts I'm not receiving anything from and they're not receiving my text messages either. I checked the coverage map (YO22 4HZ) and it says that there  if perfectly good signal in my area.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess it's due to network service of the people you are sending to, either that or the phone needs a few more hours to fully register on the systems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have been plagued with messaged not being received. It started a month or so ago and as I am a Pay & Go user each text is VERY expensive. As the message is not delivered, what happens to it? Where does it go? Why am I charged for a service which is not being completed? Is this not theft, because there is no redress? Money is immediately taken from my balance without the message being delivered. I have tried all the obvious things like checking mobile phone settings, turning phones off/on, cleaning the sims etc without success. As I have been using my mobile phone to send text messages for a considerable time without issue, why the change now? I haven't had problems before unless O2 have been upgrading the network locally and during such times I have been informed of possible disruption. I do hope that I can resolve this soon as another mobile phone I have access to (virgin) has no problems whatsoever and I am being lured away from the O2 service. Paul
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Community.

From my experience it is rare for texts to fail to arrive. Whilst the odd one does go astray (usually when I use TuGo) it is very very rare like 1 every 3000 or so.

You appear certain that this is an o2 issue (and indeed it may well be) but it could equally be the receiving network that is the issue. For a while recently there was am issue with Orange. Are the missing texts going to an o2 phone? Are you sure the recipient REALLY hasn't received it?

Please do feedback on how you get on.
Message 13 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Personally I'd be using Virgin if the texts are working OK wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi piperdog.
Thank you for your reply.
The messages are definitely not being received as they are to my Daughter and Brother, both of whom I message frequently. They are both on the O2 network on my recommendation. My Son in Law, also on O2, has never had a problem with reception of my texts.
This has happened on a number of occasions now and is becoming intolerable. In between these episodes my messages are received without issue.
I have deleted any mention of their numbers from my contacts in a vain attempt to clear the problem.
My next plan is to visit an O2 shop to plead for help.
Time will tell but I will endeavor to keep the forum advised of my progress.
All the best.
Paul

Message 15 of 17

Footyboy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you ever resolve this problem?  I moved to O2 today and my old number has ported but I'm getting some texts, but not others.  Some of my texts are going through and not others eg. I can text my mum but her replies never reach me.  My dad can text me but my replies don't reach him.  Any ideas on how you get this irratic text problem fixed please?

Message 16 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Keep turning your phone off and on again.
Try manually selecting a different network (something along the lines of settings > mobile networks > network operators).
If both of those don't fix it, and it's still happening by Monday then give customer services a call on one of the numbers in the link below.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 17