Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message

Ellieredgrave
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had problems with getting my old number to my new phone, on my o2 app it says my old number but it will only let me call people I can’t text anyone unless it’s iMessage
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Ellieredgrave 

Two things to check.

Settings >Phone >My Number and make sure your correct number is showing. If not,edit, save and reboot.

Secondly.

Settings >Messages and scroll down to make sure "Send as SMS" is enabled (Green on the slider).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Ellieredgrave 

Two things to check.

Settings >Phone >My Number and make sure your correct number is showing. If not,edit, save and reboot.

Secondly.

Settings >Messages and scroll down to make sure "Send as SMS" is enabled (Green on the slider).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Orlanda
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 29 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi Ellieredgrave try what mi5 has said if that doesn't work try to call customer service they should be able to do this for it may just be that your number is stuck in port and it’s a quick fix, you the best number is 0800 587 4005 this is a faster number and you shouldn’t be on hold to long - hope this helps.
signature
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Ellieredgrave , it would be great to hear how you're getting on with the texting issue. Did you try the suggestion above from @MI5 in case that would do the trick? slight_smile

Message 4 of 4