cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgraded to the HTC One X+ from the Desire S and I have to say I love the phone, except from one problem! The majority of my text messages send, however I find that the odd text gets the red triangle. The text eventually sends after I press retry several times, but it's annoying having to do this!! Today has been quite bad, I've had to do this with several texts.

Now, I'm not sure if it's the phone or the network or the sim card. I did have to get a micro sim as the Desire S used the normal sized sim. It's not just to one mobile number, but several.

Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be many different things affecting your sms service.

One the sim card, may be dirty and require a clean, or a new sim card is required.

secondly it can be a temporay mast issue/ network issue.

The o2 network is clogged up with other customers sending messages at the same time, if it happens often, ild recommend a sim swap and trying that, but if its now and again, just send the message again and itll send through wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be many different things affecting your sms service.

One the sim card, may be dirty and require a clean, or a new sim card is required.

secondly it can be a temporay mast issue/ network issue.

The o2 network is clogged up with other customers sending messages at the same time, if it happens often, ild recommend a sim swap and trying that, but if its now and again, just send the message again and itll send through wink

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a text message failure very occasionally on my iPhone 5. I put it down to a temporary network issue/congestion. A few attempts and the message normally sends fine.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I get a text message failure very occasionally on my iPhone 5. I put it down to a temporary network issue/congestion. A few attempts and the message normally sends fine.

Ditto.

As already said I get this maybe once or twice a month and when i hit resend it goes just fine.

Congestion issues maybe.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the HTC One and have the same issues. HTC are useless and keep telling me to reboot the phone but nothing works, half the notification settings fail to act either.

May have to return for a new handset as had enough, going back to Sony Xperia I think. Oh and O2 live chat fails at every opportunity!

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forget live chat only deal with O2 on 202
Message 6 of 6