Termination not Completed

GreenOakSteve
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,
Long story, sorry.
An audit of my bank account showed unexpected payments to O2, 3 payments when we only have 2 phones.
In April phoned customer services and they identified the extra payment as being to a very old emergency phone that we had cancelled around 6 years ago.
In July contacted the terminations team who said they had cancelled the account again and told me to stop the direct debit as it would keep going otherwise. Told me to expect a refund payment for at least the last year's payments as the line had not been used.
Only got to cancel the direct debit a few months later as had to set up online banking due to lockdowns.
Yesterday - receive a letter from a credit collection agency for unpaid bills.

Cannot get anywhere on the phone as we do not have any details about the account other than the account number and the payment reference from the old direct debit, it never had a password set up.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

The O2 online advisors will be on soon. @O2Lisa or @O2Daniel can you please assist @GreenOakSteve?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146709 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@GreenOakSteve 

Not sure if anything can be done here but I'll ask 

@O2Lisa to take a look for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

GreenOakSteve
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Rootling through my unprocessed mail I found a notice of disconnection from O2 in November saying I have an outstanding bill to pay. It was in my company pile so I would have found it in a few weeks when I do my company accounts.
Sadly there's no more details on that letter to help clear this up.

Message 4 of 5

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, thanks for the tags @MI5@Bambino 

I'll message you privately @GreenOakSteve and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5