Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taunton, TA2 slow 2G 3G 4G network congested + calls dropping

James-TA2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From November 2019 until now, April 2020, I have experienced constant significant reduced service in Taunton, Somerset.

Service problems experienced:

4G - 0.5mb average speed

3G - 0.5mb average speed

Calls - I rarely use calls but in some instances they have dropped

I compained to o2 at the end of 2019 about these issues and was partially reimbursed as within the contract constant service is not guaranteed. I understand this but this poor service has existed for 6 months. I have been using another SIM and another phone since January in order to stay in touch with my family.

I am paying for 15gb of which I am using around 1gb of since these issues since October 2019.

Every week I check https://status.o2.co.uk/ and the status is always 'busy' or 'work being carried out'. I subscribed to your status update by text which reported that the problem was fixed only for there to be no difference in service on multiple occassions and for the 'busy' status to be reinstated within a few days. Why are you unable to fix this network problem?

I have contacted your web chat service whom often tell me I need a bolt on to be enabled in order to get better speed. This is nonsense and frustrating to deal with. They did in one month, reluctantly, reimburse me for the month which I appreciate but it required pressing for action to be taken.

I have also spoken with your team over the phone to went through diagnostics which came to nothing.

Additionally, I went into the store in Taunton to ask them about the poor service. They denied that the service was poor, despite the service checke indicating congestion. They advised me to ensure I had wifi enabled and do a speed test in store. This was not a useful exercise as the speed reported was from the o2 wifi connection and not 4G. I tried to explain this but they did not accept my explanations.

Ultimately, o2 you're not a 'budget' provider. I chose you as a provider because I had a great experience with you 5 years ago and I was happy to pay a little more than the competition to avoid things like this which eat up my personal time. I have spent over 8 hours in total, checking current status', calling o2, talking on the web chat. I am sick of dealing with this.

I currently have 3 months left of my contract with you. If you would like to erode further the little confidence I have in you as a provider then please continue as you are. If you would like to change my impression and take this seriously then I am open to discussion.

I appreciate with current events you are likely understaffed so please do reply to more urgent matters as you see fit.

James

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They won't see this post here @James-TA2 and no one can help with this You need to call but of course you have done that

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @James-TA2 

This is a community forum made up of members like yourself. No-one from O2 will see your message here. If you wish to make a complaint then follow the advice in this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

This is a community of o2 customers, so you are unlikely to receive an official reply here @James-TA2.
Have you tried downloading the My Network app and reporting issues?
Also what does the coverage check show for your full postcode - https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker ?

Ultimately if you are not getting a good service then you need to consider which network you use.

I would recommend unlocking your phone ( Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card ) and getting pay as you go sims from different providers to try.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 7

James-TA2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hopefully this will help people avoid o2 in Taunton, Somerset.

Message 5 of 7

James-TA2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good for all 2g-4g. Thanks but I should not need to download the network app to report problems about their network. That should be their responsibility. not their customers.
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would go down the complaints route using Resolver

OR Google CEO O2 and email his office including a contact number.

Message 7 of 7