Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff increase

Jollyp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi can anyone help or explain I'm on a 2 year fixed contract.and less than 6 months in.the price has been increased.there doesnt seem to be away of contacting 02 due to cover 19.no live chat and the customer call centre is only taking calls on upgrades and people leaving.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Jollyp 

Annual price increase https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jollyp 

How much has it increased by? In April the annual RPI rate would be applied

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

If it's more than that (and there is a calculator in the link) then you need to contact O2

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Jollyp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've always been under the impression that a 2 year fixed contract means the price is fixed.and price increases are when your out of contract.many thanks for your help
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jollyp wrote:
I've always been under the impression that a 2 year fixed contract means the price is fixed.and price increases are when your out of contract.many thanks for your help

That's correct. However RPI is applied to many goods bought monthly, not just phones. Always goes up in April.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

You're welcome @Jollyp and it's all stated in your contract terms and conditions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6