cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff increase ...after 3 weeks??!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded 3 weeks ago and I am still getting used to my new phone, whilst this morning I received a text from O2 saying that my tariff is going up to reflect the RPI. When I signed the contract at Carphone Warehouse I was told that there could be some annual increases or decreases but it was not specified AT ALL that this would happen in a few weeks and I expected it to happen in one year. I feel that this is obviously unfair - do I need to expect a further increase next year? I signed a 2 year contract on a certain tariff which I kind of expected would stay the same for the duration of the contract but I feel that O2 is trying to increase it each year and make the most £ out of me. Perhaps you should increase your tariffs slightly more from the start rather than increasing them after you have hooked customers in a 2 year contract.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Everyone on contract gets RPI increase at this time of year...regardless of when you took out the contract... http://www.o2.co.uk/prices

You will see the change on your April bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Everyone on contract gets RPI increase at this time of year...regardless of when you took out the contract... http://www.o2.co.uk/prices

You will see the change on your April bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
All covered in the T&C's you agreed to http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but for contracts signed between February and April they are supposed to TELL YOU, which in my case they didn't do. And the fact that they mentioned a potential decrease is a joke as it has probably never happened before.

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

And yes, you can expect to see an increase next year as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes but for contracts signed between February and April they are supposed to TELL YOU, which in my case they didn't do. And the fact that they mentioned a potential decrease is a joke as it has probably never happened before.

You'd have to take that up with CPW I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
They are supposed to tell you regardless when you took out the contract. Which is what they did... They said you would be subject to an annual price increase..... One this year, one next year, if you stay or upgrade, one the year after and so on.....
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 7