cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff different than purchase invoice

Anonymous
Not applicable
I purchased SIM only upgrade on 1st July of sale price of £16 per month for 12 months. (5gb data, unlimited calls and text). On my o2 account and app it is showing tariff of £24 pm, which is the original price, instead of £16. Why? as I have the purchase invoice that clearly states tariff of £16 pm?
Is this an error and can be changed to show £16 as I DO NOT want to be charged more than I purchased and contracted for?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Your MyO2 always shows the full price.
You will have a bolt on to cover the discount which will come off your bill when it's generated.
You will only ever be billed for the price you signed up for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Your MyO2 always shows the full price.
You will have a bolt on to cover the discount which will come off your bill when it's generated.
You will only ever be billed for the price you signed up for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems an odd way to do things - or at least should we not be told that. I signed up for what I believed was a 12 GB deal at £18 per month (SIM ONLY) - but MyO2 shows it as £33 per month!
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's just the way it's done but yes, you should have been told.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your explanation - it is appreciated very much
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No problem. Sorry it wasn't explained at POS properly.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah they not too great at making things clear. My 15gb tariff shows as 5gb until billing.
Message 7 of 8

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@viridis

At least O2 is better than vodafone. Vodafone won't admit that they have done wrong in the first place even though it's clearly that they have over charged me on three separate occasions. Best of all, when I finally managed to point out about their mistakes, it took them two months to return the over charged amount. Their excuse? It's the way how refunds are being made.

Customers should not need to spend two hours on the telephone, pointing out a simple mistake which the cs could have rectified the matter within 19 minutes.

Message 8 of 8