Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TURKEY

Katcoler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can i use my phone as normal in Turkey ot do i need a bolt on added?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Katcoler You cannot use your phone as normal. Turkey is not part of the EU. See this link: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/using-your-phone-abroad

I’m travelling to…

Country Code +90

Show all countries

I'd like to call and text...

Country Code +44

Show all countries

Available rates when in Turkey...
Data Abroad Bolt On Increase your data limit while abroad

Email and browse the internet while you're abroad for less. As standard, your data usage will be capped to 50MB (£51.50) per month.

Our Data Abroad Bolt On increases your standard data limit to 200MB for £120 per month. You can get the Bolt On through My O2.

For an additional£120PER MONTH

Maximum Usageper month
200MB

Learn more about Data roamingFind out how we can help you keep the costs in check

O2 Travel
The latest travel essential in Turkey

On O2 Travel you can use your mobile
without worrying about huge bills. Talk for longer
and use the web without worrying about over spending.
Take control - text O2TRAVEL to 23336 to activate.

More information about using your phone abroad

You can make and receive calls, browse the internet and send and receive texts, just like you do at home.

- That means that you can just dial numbers saved in your phonebook to make a call

- You will need to input the country code to call any other country

- Voicemail 901 is an easy and convenient way to access your messages while overseas.
Learn more>>

Whenever you use your mobile phone abroad you should always use the international dialling code of the country you're calling. Just key '+', then the country code, followed by the area code (without the 0) and then the phone number.

More information

Accidental roaming (sometimes known as inadvertent roaming) might occur if you are in an area close to national borders because your phone picks up the network across the border. If this happens, you may be charged as though you were roaming on the network across the border. You can prevent this if you live near a national border by setting your handset to do a manual network selection (as opposed to an automatic network selection) and select the O2 network. This way if you lose the O2 network your handset will not automatically try to connect you to an alternate network. For advice, please visit your nearest O2 store.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Katcoler You cannot use your phone as normal. Turkey is not part of the EU. See this link: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/using-your-phone-abroad

I’m travelling to…

Country Code +90

Show all countries

I'd like to call and text...

Country Code +44

Show all countries

Available rates when in Turkey...
Data Abroad Bolt On Increase your data limit while abroad

Email and browse the internet while you're abroad for less. As standard, your data usage will be capped to 50MB (£51.50) per month.

Our Data Abroad Bolt On increases your standard data limit to 200MB for £120 per month. You can get the Bolt On through My O2.

For an additional£120PER MONTH

Maximum Usageper month
200MB

Learn more about Data roamingFind out how we can help you keep the costs in check

O2 Travel
The latest travel essential in Turkey

On O2 Travel you can use your mobile
without worrying about huge bills. Talk for longer
and use the web without worrying about over spending.
Take control - text O2TRAVEL to 23336 to activate.

More information about using your phone abroad

You can make and receive calls, browse the internet and send and receive texts, just like you do at home.

- That means that you can just dial numbers saved in your phonebook to make a call

- You will need to input the country code to call any other country

- Voicemail 901 is an easy and convenient way to access your messages while overseas.
Learn more>>

Whenever you use your mobile phone abroad you should always use the international dialling code of the country you're calling. Just key '+', then the country code, followed by the area code (without the 0) and then the phone number.

More information

Accidental roaming (sometimes known as inadvertent roaming) might occur if you are in an area close to national borders because your phone picks up the network across the border. If this happens, you may be charged as though you were roaming on the network across the border. You can prevent this if you live near a national border by setting your handset to do a manual network selection (as opposed to an automatic network selection) and select the O2 network. This way if you lose the O2 network your handset will not automatically try to connect you to an alternate network. For advice, please visit your nearest O2 store.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @Katcoler 

It is covered by the o2 travel bolt-on @4.99 per day

All info you will need is in this link. Enjoy your time in Turkey. slight_smile