cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO FIND WHEN I CAN END MY CONTRACT I SEEM TO HAVE A MONTHLY PAY AND A PAYG TOO

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to end my contract but O2 wanted over £100 for me to close account.  I was also offered a PAYG package  so currently I believe I am paying for 2 accounts for 1 phone.  So need to know how to finish that account too.  I did recieve a payment as a good will measure because of incorrect advice but have not received anything from O2 to say when contracts end.

How do I find this out?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The PAYG will just lie dormant until you credit it, so unless you have a DD set up on it that'll be ok.

The Contract phone will all be explained via MyO2 if you can log in there

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The PAYG will just lie dormant until you credit it, so unless you have a DD set up on it that'll be ok.

The Contract phone will all be explained via MyO2 if you can log in there
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146946 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Probably best to call customer service on 202 so they can look at what you're paying for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would have to cancel the contract with 30 days notice if you are out of the 14 day cooling off period
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous
... have not received anything from O2 to say when contracts end.How do I find this out?

You would have thought this info would be in your 02 account area whether using app or online! 

Your post reminded me to see when mine is ending and yet when I logged into

My 02 clicked the Browse My 02 and then clicked the Pay Monthly info,

there was nothing about the starting or ending date of my contract Smiley Frustrated

Have you rang 202 or used the Live Chat option to ask this question?

----

I wanted to end my contract but O2 wanted over £100 for me to close account. 

Did you pay?

If you did, surely you should be out of contract and therefore free to leave 02 without the 30days notice requirement

I was also offered a PAYG package  so currently I believe I am paying for 2 accounts for 1 phone

This is most confusing to be paying for 2 accounts with 1 phone when paid to leave. (if you have paid that is)

There's no mention of offering a PAYG on the 02 leaving webpage found here

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124227 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@AnonymousMy O2 has changed now. You can see where contract ends under View Tariff and Allowances...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

...have not received anything from O2 to say when contracts end. How do I find this out?
__
Found out yet?

Thanks to your post, and @MI5 and @Cleoriff help, I learnt today that if wanting to find end or renewal of contract date follow these steps:

My 02 | View my bill | Allowance & Recent Charges | Tariff and allowances | View tariff and allowances button

Then under the tariff bit, you'll see your length of contract and  renewal/end date

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 has changed now. You can see where contract ends under View Tariff and Allowances

Thanks!

Found it now slight_smile

Message 8 of 8