Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to pay as you go while abroad

SF_o_two
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am currently in the US and will be for the next few months. I wish to cancel my pay monthly contract and instead switch to pay as you go, keeping my old number.
Is it possible to do this from outside the UK?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just call them and give 30 days notice. If you want to keep your number then ask them to put you on P&G. They will send a sim to your UK registered address.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SF_o_two You can't just cancel and switch. You'd have to pay off the remainder on your contract. See this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

You would also need to speak to customer service, but I'm not sure you could switch to Pay & Go while you're outside the country, as you'd need a new sim.: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @SF_o_two, and welcome to the forum Wave Did the info above answer your question, or is there anything we could still help you with? It'd be great if you could let us know how you get on with this!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

SF_o_two
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be clear my original contract period has completed, I think I am now on the monthly refresh system.

Can someone confirm how I can go about cancelling this from abroad?

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just call them and give 30 days notice. If you want to keep your number then ask them to put you on P&G. They will send a sim to your UK registered address.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SF_o_two

@jonsie's advice is correct and it does not matter where you are in the world to cancel, the process is the same.

You will have to pay for a further 30 days of your contract airtime though as that is the standard notice period.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6