Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Switching to pay as you go while abroad

I am currently in the US and will be for the next few months. I wish to cancel my pay monthly contract and instead switch to pay as you go, keeping my old number.
Is it possible to do this from outside the UK?
Level 63: Greatness Assured

Re: Switching to pay as you go while abroad

[ Edited ]

@SF_o_two You can't just cancel and switch. You'd have to pay off the remainder on your contract. See this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

You would also need to speak to customer service, but I'm not sure you could switch to Pay & Go while you're outside the country, as you'd need a new sim.: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Community Manager

Hi @SF_o_two, and welcome to the forum Wave Did the info above answer your question, or is there anything we could still help you with? It'd be great if you could let us know how you get on with this!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

To be clear my original contract period has completed, I think I am now on the monthly refresh system.

Can someone confirm how I can go about cancelling this from abroad?

Highlighted
Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,388

Just call them and give 30 days notice. If you want to keep your number then ask them to put you on P&G. They will send a sim to your UK registered address.

Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

@SF_o_two

@jonsie's advice is correct and it does not matter where you are in the world to cancel, the process is the same.

You will have to pay for a further 30 days of your contract airtime though as that is the standard notice period.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)