cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to SIM only from contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just switched at the end of my 2 year contract onto SIM only, keeping my old device as it is fine.

Has anyone done this? My last monthly payment went out just a few days ago - will I get a refund for some of that payment or will the SIM only payment only be taken when this month is up?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You may find an adjustment on your next bill if the sim only becomes active before your billing date. Check in My O2 to see if the sim only is showing now.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, I have effectively just done a similar thing. You payments will be continuous, ie still at the same monthly intervals, but the first month you will have a small credit (the difference between old and new contracts).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, I have effectively just done a similar thing. You payments will be continuous, ie still at the same monthly intervals, but the first month you will have a small credit (the difference between old and new contracts).

Same happened to me in January when I made the leap to sim only...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you pay in advance for your bills, for e.g. say your bill runs 10/03/2015 - 10/04/2015, and you upgrade on the 20th of March, to a SIMO that is cheaper than your current tariff, because you've have paid in advance for your old tariff you'll recieve a credit onto your account for the overpayment on your next bill, 

I hope this answers your question

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous this has already been explained by us in previous posts above
Message 6 of 6