cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switchfire Ltd / unwanted text / unwanted charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received an unsolicited text on 29th jan from 'payforit' saying I had downloaded a adult video and I was being charged £5 and if I had a problem to click a link or call a phone number... Of course I thought this was a pure spam text so I ignored it and didn't click the link or dare phone the number. However in my next bill I was charged £5 for 'things you've bought'... I bought nothing... I downloaded nothing and I agreed to nothing.

I contacted O2 right away to tell them of this unknown charge... The lady informed me that it fed back to a company called switchfire ltd who were linked to such practices (google and see any consumer website). She then told me to contact them and ask to be in unsubscribed... I do not have any relationship with this company and I don't see how/why I need to contact them to stop O2 processing fraudulent charges against me. Anyway I left it (after spending an hour with O2 chasing it up) hopeing it would go away.

Next month same charge again... Phoned O2 to report a potential fraud again and was clearly and rudely told not their problem... They can't and won't stop it and offered no help... I was astounded at the negative unhelpful attitude to a 15 yr long O2 customer... They again told me to contact the company as only they can stop it.. I tried 2 different numbers to contact switchfire ltd both of which have no answer...

O2 are refusing to help me... Looks like my account will continue to be charged and the only way to stop it is to cancel my contract (at a cost of more than £300).

Also I asked the lady if O2 have received many call in relation to this kind of thing? She replied 'No, you are the only ever one!' --- check any consumer board and see how common this fraud is!!!

I am left high and dry with no way to stop this charge... I had no idea what yo do!!!

A 15 year long O2 customer left high and dry
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem, been charged £30 from ifuntech or switchfire or Safari mobile ltd and the receipt message says i will be charged the same amount monthly, Dont know who really is charging me this amount and O2 cannot help establish.

First person I spoke to no Monday bankhoiday was sympathetic towards this scam and asked me to speak to the comapny who stole my money, and If they didnt refund she will help me esclate. She left good notes on the system about the conversation. She asked me to specifically call them and call 02 back once i had spoken and compalint to the company if I dont get refund.

I did and called back O2.

Custoemr service rep Sarah, very unhelpful and not even trying to understand. She said he can refund half of £30 and said let me on hold to check with her manager. Come back saying sorry nothing they can do and I will have to take it up with the company.

I expalined i never dowanloaded nor did I watch any content nor did i agree to any charge I asked if I  can speak to your manager as you just said you can refund half of the amount. She replied that he is not avaibalbe any more and is in a meeting promising me a call back which I havent had.

I went on to Ofcom site to compalin and needed exact company name ie LTD or PLC, I called  02 back and Simran answered.

I explained the number sarah gave me wont answer and I left voice mails on 02035405939/5931/ 02079316437 and just receive automated reply from 07860027527. She said she will be texting me another number and details and I never got the text. 

I called again when Julie - extension 47963 was little more helpful and has promised me that she will help me fight after I speak to them and wait for 5 days.

This is a nightmare,

I hope o2 bars switchfire.

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

you are lucky, I will take this up with them again.

Message 12 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

PhonepayPlus are the people to deal with this and can probably get you a full refund.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 13