cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switchfire Ltd / unwanted text / unwanted charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received an unsolicited text on 29th jan from 'payforit' saying I had downloaded a adult video and I was being charged £5 and if I had a problem to click a link or call a phone number... Of course I thought this was a pure spam text so I ignored it and didn't click the link or dare phone the number. However in my next bill I was charged £5 for 'things you've bought'... I bought nothing... I downloaded nothing and I agreed to nothing.

I contacted O2 right away to tell them of this unknown charge... The lady informed me that it fed back to a company called switchfire ltd who were linked to such practices (google and see any consumer website). She then told me to contact them and ask to be in unsubscribed... I do not have any relationship with this company and I don't see how/why I need to contact them to stop O2 processing fraudulent charges against me. Anyway I left it (after spending an hour with O2 chasing it up) hopeing it would go away.

Next month same charge again... Phoned O2 to report a potential fraud again and was clearly and rudely told not their problem... They can't and won't stop it and offered no help... I was astounded at the negative unhelpful attitude to a 15 yr long O2 customer... They again told me to contact the company as only they can stop it.. I tried 2 different numbers to contact switchfire ltd both of which have no answer...

O2 are refusing to help me... Looks like my account will continue to be charged and the only way to stop it is to cancel my contract (at a cost of more than £300).

Also I asked the lady if O2 have received many call in relation to this kind of thing? She replied 'No, you are the only ever one!' --- check any consumer board and see how common this fraud is!!!

I am left high and dry with no way to stop this charge... I had no idea what yo do!!!

A 15 year long O2 customer left high and dry
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps if you ring back to uk CS on 202 you may get another operator who is more understanding. We're all human and revert to type if under stress that said they should have remained professional to you.

Use the links to try and claim funds back and good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

O2's advice is correct I'm afraid. You need to contact the company and cabcel the inadvertant sunscription.
A company call www.phonpayplus.org.uk can help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Some people sign up to these services so O2 won't get involved.

Either speaking to the company involved , changing your mobile number with O2 which is free the first time or http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Make-a-complaint.aspx can sometimes help.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny enough I had to ask about charging my number and/or sim the girl was very unhelpful and told me it 'may' only work ... Don't want the hassle if it won't work.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The should read changing not charging...
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Changing your number I believe will work and this will cut the ties with that company.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for you help will give it done consideration... Have to say about O2 help was all I wanted I was shocked at the girls attitude
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps if you ring back to uk CS on 202 you may get another operator who is more understanding. We're all human and revert to type if under stress that said they should have remained professional to you.

Use the links to try and claim funds back and good luck.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've suffered similar things myself in the past and O2 have always refunded me sounds like you got someone with a bad attitude
Message 9 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

also see here for payforit info http://www.payforit.info/consumers

states you must call the number on reciept to resolve this

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 13