Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up Issues - Useless

Bramble1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to upgrade now since the release of the iPhone 15 using my Switch Up account, every time I go in store I get fobbed off, not in stock etc. today I went in store and they couldn't even find me on the system.... again fobbed off and told to ring O2 from home and they will sort the switch up for me!!!! How are they supposed to switch up over the phone? If I could afford it I would cancel all my contracts and go else where, absolutely useless, paying for a service that I cannot use.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36427 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! - has been a bit of a disaster all-round, @Bramble1 - and yes, as per the guide and FAQs, the process must be done in-store - try a different store, perhaps? Good luck!

Message 2 of 11

Bob64
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same issue 

it’s a con, happy to sell new phones and contracts but can’t do a switch up ….I’ve been waiting 

Message 3 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Bob64 

It's not a "con", just that O2 are administratively inept. As @pgn says "has been a bit of a disaster all-round". 

This forum has a vast range of examples of O2 getting into difficulties with offers, services and much more. 

Message 4 of 11

Bob64
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is in my eyes if you pay for a service that can’t be provided ….

Mistakes are made but o2 can’t even offer a solution how to resolve ….well other than visit the store each day to see if it’s fixed ….but oh they have sold my phone now and I have to reorder …6 week wait I am told 

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Bob64 

When you put it like that, I can see why your are disgruntled.  

Message 6 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Bob64 

You don't need to visit the store get the number off the store locator and give them a call tomorrow lunch time, there is nothing the store can do (apart from hold the iPhone for a few more days), or Customer Services can do if the system is down for the count.  As the system wont process anything without them following the process. 

IT systems go down all the time, and until the people who can fix it, fix it there is naff all anyone can do about it... 

When do speak to the shop staff then don't go in ranting and raving, as its not them that have caused the issue,...

And its not a con, I am on my 4th or 5th SwitchUp, and did one on Monday... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 11

Bob64
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reply but none of it has helped 

The store said not to call as the system might still have an error by the time I get to the store

the store wouldn’t hold in stock the phone I had waited 2 months for 

no time did I rant or rave in store but I am extremely frustrated I have been sold a contract with switch up and I can’t switch up without a) ordering a second phone and b) visiting the store every day when the new one arrives 

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Bob64 

If you feel so frustrated by your experience, you could lodge a formal complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Please see "Resolver" in the first link. They have a reputation for facilitating satisfactory outcomes. 

Message 9 of 11

Bob64
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will - it’s hardly an acceptable situation

Message 10 of 11