Did you mean: 

Switch Up Monthly Payments ?

SmgUk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello new here,

I am currently on a Sim Only O2 contract but am thinking of going to a Phone Contract with Switch Up but i can’t find out the ins and outs of it.

What i can’t get my head round is how the monthly payments work ? For example if i get a phone that comes to around £50 a month and then Swap it for a phone that would be £60 a month does the monthly payments go up and down?

Sorry if that's a silly question

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

If you are on switch up and change you are effectively taking out a new contract and that will be at the new price. So, in your example you will pay £60 instead of £50

What is O2 switch up?

O2 Switch Up lets you swap your current phone for a new one whenever you like, as many times as you like, as long as it’s in good condition.

The perk is automatically included with a Plus Plan at no extra cost, or can be added to a Custom Plan as a Bolt On if you pay an extra £3.99 a month. It’s not available on Sim-only plans. 

With Switch Up, you can take your phone to an O2 store, they will check its condition, then send the phone to be refurbished and settle your current plan. This means you don’t need to pay the rest of it off. 

You then start a new Plus Plan or Custom Plan with a new phone of your choice, or you can pick from one of O2's refurbished 'as new' stock.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

If you are on switch up and change you are effectively taking out a new contract and that will be at the new price. So, in your example you will pay £60 instead of £50

What is O2 switch up?

O2 Switch Up lets you swap your current phone for a new one whenever you like, as many times as you like, as long as it’s in good condition.

The perk is automatically included with a Plus Plan at no extra cost, or can be added to a Custom Plan as a Bolt On if you pay an extra £3.99 a month. It’s not available on Sim-only plans. 

With Switch Up, you can take your phone to an O2 store, they will check its condition, then send the phone to be refurbished and settle your current plan. This means you don’t need to pay the rest of it off. 

You then start a new Plus Plan or Custom Plan with a new phone of your choice, or you can pick from one of O2's refurbished 'as new' stock.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

SmgUk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks

Message 3 of 3