cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping to apple from android

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry if this is answered somewhere else but I was wondering if anyone would confirm if what i'm doing is right or tell me the right thing to do.

I am swapping from a HTC one x+ which is faulty & going to cost more than its worth to repair to an iphone. I think all I need to do is arrange a sim swap from my micro sim to the new nano sim I have, then contact O2 to arrange to set my data to iphone instead of android. Will the sim swap transfer anything I have saved to my sim, ie contact details messages etc, or do I need to transfer them individually?

Thanks in advance for any help & sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Nothing stored on the sim will be transferred to the nano sim. You need to back that up on your PC or Google.

Otherwise you are correct in what you say. There are programmes you can use to transfer everything over to the iphone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Nothing stored on the sim will be transferred to the nano sim. You need to back that up on your PC or Google.

Otherwise you are correct in what you say. There are programmes you can use to transfer everything over to the iphone.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

The steps you state are sound.

However the contacts won't transfer over into your sim. If you use gmail you could save them there.

You will also need to set up an Apple ID.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5622?viewlocale=en_US
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take into account a sim swap can take up to 24 hours to settle but can be quicker. Turning airplane mode on and off helps the reset.

When you insert the nano sim into the iPhone you should get the set up messages.

If not text ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings and turn airplane mode on and off.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54...
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing which could be on your old sim are contacts which won't transfer over but everything you have right spot on
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help & answers, I am sure i'll be back with many more questions as never used iphone before but promise I'll not be too much of a pest

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're all here for you.

Welcome to the Dark Side. wink
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's no problem @Anonymous that's what we are here for
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also an iPhone user so am happy to help if you get stuck anywhere! Crazy

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have managed to get my contacts over, linked my Apple ID & got my data sorted out. Think that's enough for 1 day 🙂
Message 10 of 12