cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Text and Web top-up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have been on the text and web tariff for quite some time. I have auto top-up set and I now have to top up £10 each month otherwise I cannot send anymore texts. I don't understand why this is happening because I am only sending a few texts a week and using very little data. Am I misunderstanding how text and web should work? I thought when the 300 text and 500MB data allowance has run out I would be able to use the £10 credit until it runs out. I receive texts from O2 to warn me of the anniversary date but believe that is when the freebies run out, not the credit.

I am pretty sure my phone isn't using data in the background etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I checked my account online and it says I am still on text and web with £11 credit. I asked in the O2 shop today and they said it might have been because I had auto top up enabled, it was set to top-up my credit by £10 when it went down to £2. The advisor said that it could be I need to turn auto top-up off. Otherwise when credit gets low, I am debited the £10 and that is used for text and data, rather than the free allowance. Most odd. I have turned off auto top-up and will see what happens when the free allowance runs out.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

With text and web you do indeed keep the credit and should be able to send texts once your allowance runs out which is taken out of your credit balance.

Check in My O2 to ensure your tariff hasn't changed. What credit is showing on your handset?

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It sounds like it's not text and web you are on. If it is you should have accrued a lot of credit by now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest a call to Cs on 4445 to clarify your account situation.

Or use Live Chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If it's wrong they can then resolve it.

They can set it to start at midnight for you.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest if you need to get in contact call them we normally don't recommend live chat for anything remotely complicated or account related
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I checked my account online and it says I am still on text and web with £11 credit. I asked in the O2 shop today and they said it might have been because I had auto top up enabled, it was set to top-up my credit by £10 when it went down to £2. The advisor said that it could be I need to turn auto top-up off. Otherwise when credit gets low, I am debited the £10 and that is used for text and data, rather than the free allowance. Most odd. I have turned off auto top-up and will see what happens when the free allowance runs out.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update.

Let us know how you get on.

slight_smile
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

No not at all, I think they're mixing it up with the go go plan because £10 isn't debited from Text & Web, unless you mean debited from your account.

**bleep** (Love that work BTW) do you mean it wont let you send free texts, or it wont let you send texts at all? What error message do you get?

Edit: Haha how funny that the system bleeped out the OP's name.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Makes no sense to me either....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11