Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student discount problems

SamG
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hey im hoping for some help, I have been passed from pillar to post by O2 and still cannot get my issue resolved. I have just got a new refresh contract and was told that as im a student I can get 20% unidays discount. I registered to unidays and got my unique code which I sent to 61202, I got the following response 'O2: Oops we don't recognise that O2 number, Please try again, and remember it needs to look like STUDENT, 07XXXXXXXXX, UNI XXXXXXXX'. I followed that format inputing my own phone number and unidays code and keep getting the same response. I spoke to O2 gurus online who told me to phone o2. I rang them and they seem to think that my code is 4 digits too long (they think that it should be UNI with 8 characters after it whereas mine has 12) and to speak to someone instore to find out which part of the code I need to send. I spoke to someone instore who told me that they stopped the text message method of signing up about a year ago and I needed to go on to o2open.co.uk and do it through there. I went to the website, tried to register and you need a company code so can go no further. I am at my wits end because I only went for that contract at that price because I was made to believe that i would get 20% off my airtime bill. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

ignore me, just realised you had..

Looks like you need to contact unidays as they provide the codes: 

1. Certain components of the Registration Process (including any keywords and verification codes) are provided by Myunidays Limited of 2 Castle Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 1FB. Use of this section of the O2 website will be subject to this third party’s terms and conditions. O2 cannot be held responsible for and do not accept any liability, either express or implied as to such components, including but not limited to their accuracy, relevance or quality.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 15

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @SamG, sorry to read you've been stuck with this for a while now! I'm sending you a PM to get a bit more info from you and see how we can help you further slight_smile

Thanks guys for the help, and @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 15

SamG
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

All sorted thanks to Emilie contacting o2 on my behalf yahoo

It turns out there was a glitch on my account due to my phone number having previously been linked to a carphone warehouse contract. They gave me the discount manually and a wee bit extra for the hassle.

Thanks everyone for your help

Message 13 of 15

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great news, @SamG, thanks for the update smiley 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 15 of 15