Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no £1 AirPod code?!

SamBlack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no code for £1 AirPods after purchasing Apple Watch series 9. It’s been almost 40 days and I’ve contacted 02 via the app twice and told both times it will be passed to the relevant department. Seeing this is a consistent problem with there promos. 

can anybody help? 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

SamBlack
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still nothing this end either Anita, I raised the issue via an assistant on the app for the third time and once again told to wait the ‘magic 5 days’. If nothing is resolved by the end of this week I’m contemplating cancelling my direct debits and reporting to trading standards. 

Message 11 of 29

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7552 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

I would recommend that you do not cancel your direct debits @SamBlack as O2 can reputedly get very nasty when perceived debts go unpaid. This will include selling your debt to a Debt Collection Agency for recovery and trashing your credit score. The latter will then have adverse implications if you want to get a mobile contract elsewhere. 👍

Please give @Dave-O2 the opportunity to follow this up !   

Message 12 of 29

SamBlack
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

May have to buy myself out of my contracts and move network in that case, (after seeking further independent legal advice obviously). Just noticed that they are now offering £20 AirPod Pro’s with the Apple Watch series 9. Considering they haven’t delivered their on their previous promotion I find this rather insulting. 

Message 13 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Did you not get a message since @Dave-O2  posted on the 12th @SamBlack ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 29

SamBlack
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I haven’t received a code or resolution from customer services which was put to them for the 2nd time on the 9th and followed up a 3rd on the 16th… yet they’ve managed to advertise a new promotion 

Message 15 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Can you check what's going on here @Dave-O2 ? 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 29

SamBlack
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received a text with a number to reply yes to, to have the AirPods delivered to the billing address within 28 days. Email confirmation to follow. 

Have you had the same @AnitaB

Message 17 of 29

AnitaB
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @SamBlack 

Yes I received the text yesterday and won’t lie was particularly laughing at the 28 day part, after waiting over 60 days to receive just the promo code now have to wait another 28 days to actually receive the promotional product. 

as was a bit confused as the promotion page said we would receive a promo code which we can use when ordering the product directly from the website but instead had to text “YES” to a number. 
either way atleast it came through, now let’s see if we actually receive the product as I have no faith in O2 anymore. 

Message 18 of 29

AnitaB
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also what a joke, they haven’t been able to deliver on their old promotions yet and have already started a new promotion!!! 
a bit of a slap to the face, I definitely will never return to O2 again, over 12 years with this network and have never been disappointed but now been hit to hard to ever come back, they find a good way to loop you back in and upgrade where you get stuck in a contract and never deliver the promises they make, it’s particularly a con. 

Message 19 of 29

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7552 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

At least @SamBlack and @AnitaB it looks like you are going to get what you are waiting for ; do please update us when they are in your hands. 👍

And yes, I fully understand your chagrin at O2 advertsing a new promotion when you are still waiting on the previous one ! 😀 

Message 20 of 29