Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no £1 AirPod code?!

SamBlack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no code for £1 AirPods after purchasing Apple Watch series 9. It’s been almost 40 days and I’ve contacted 02 via the app twice and told both times it will be passed to the relevant department. Seeing this is a consistent problem with there promos. 

can anybody help? 

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@SamBlack@AnitaB 

Just an update for ALL on this topic.

If a member is eligible for the £1 AirPod offer, we will be contacting customers/members via SMS to redeem their AirPods from this week.

So please keep an eye on your messages 😁

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

All the help for a lot of these promos in Guide: Gift with Purchase  @SamBlack - find your offer, read and follow the notes for it and you should be sorted in a few days. Good luck!

Message 2 of 28

AnitaB
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have the same problem, nearly 50 days now after the upgrade and still nothing.. keep being told to wait and they are working on the issue but nothing is clearly sorted yet. 
I Don’t think they plan on delivering on this promotion. 

Message 3 of 28

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@AnitaB wrote:

Have the same problem, nearly 50 days now after the upgrade and still nothing.. keep being told to wait and they are working on the issue but nothing is clearly sorted yet. 
I Don’t think they plan on delivering on this promotion. 

Have you closely read the Guide: Gift with Purchase  guidance as above, @- it tells you expkucitly who to contact, how and when for most of the current and historical offers if this type. Good luck!

Message 4 of 28

SamBlack
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is nobody to contact regarding my particular promotion just an outline of what has been promised and not delivered? 

Message 5 of 28

SamBlack
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m sorry to hear this Anita, seems we are both in the same boat. You would think a company the size and with the turnover of 02 wouldn’t have these sort of issue's. They cannot not deliver on this promotion, we are entitled to this offer 

Message 6 of 28

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12350 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

The guide linked does say the following:

• If you have had NO CODE sent via SMS after 30 days, please drop me a PM or contact our Social Team here 

Have you reached out to the social media team using the link @SamBlack @AnitaB ? Have they done anything to help? (You might need to prompt them a couple of times)

If the answer is yes and no, then send @Dave-O2 a message - click on his name, then click on the "send a message" button. In the message section, include your phone number and a brief summary of the problem.

Please DO NOT post your phone number anywhere else - just the message box you get! That is private, the rest of this site is public.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 28

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@SamBlack@AnitaB 

Just an update for ALL on this topic.

If a member is eligible for the £1 AirPod offer, we will be contacting customers/members via SMS to redeem their AirPods from this week.

So please keep an eye on your messages 😁

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 28

AnitaB
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @gmarkj 

I did contact Dave, and was informed we would receive the promotional code via SMS this week, and it is end of the week and still have no promotional code. 
each week I am informed to wait 5 working days and each week the days pass and nothing. 
as @SamBlack black said, I believe O2 has no plans on delivering this promotion and they are proving this by saying there is a delay and an issue with the promotional codes being sent out. 
Very disappointing with O2 service here as a customer that has been with them for 12 years now.. I have lost faith in their service and will look to move networks. 

Message 9 of 28

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7456 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@AnitaB 

Retagging @Dave-O2 for you ! 👍

Having said that, his last post does say "...from this week", so do keep watching your Inbox as the code could arrive early this coming week. Fingers crossed. 🤞   

Message 10 of 28