cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site not loading, but only on the o2 network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The site www.warhammer-community.com doesn't load on my phone when I am on the o2 network, when I turn wifi on its loads without an isssue. Also its loads without an issue on the three network?

Does o2 block sites?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

And works fine for me too.  Tried both 3G and 4G and checked that it's not a blocked or has a web filter on by my broadband to which it doesn't.

Its possible that the DNS server which is the website name look up in o2 didn't have the correct address to transfer it to or just hadn't been updated.  Websites are constantly changing and updating, so on occasions need a little time before they get updated.  It's normally done with in seconds, but on occasions glitches can happen.

When we type in a web address like www.o2.co.uk, this officially the correct address,

what happens is that when we type in the address, on pressing entered or go, the address is sent to what you call am DNS or Domain Name Server.  This then converts the www.o2.co.uk to a IP (Internet Protocol) address which is made up of numbers.

so o2 IP address is 83.132.355.80. 

Its a a lot easier for Humans to remember words like o2 or use google and type o2 to search than having to remember the whole string of numbers.  I know that I wouldn't know any IP address on the web with our looking it up using the www part.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, but if blocked it will say so.
Just tried here and same, won't load.
Its not blocked, but something funny definitely going on with it
Message 2 of 11

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

They obviously do as we can both load the URL when not using O2.

Whether that is deliberate or just another system error which O2 are known for is another question.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@MercedesS any idea?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wiring fine for me on o2 with 4g tried on wifi and mobile data both worked
Message 5 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Working here too now as well
Message 6 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

I am sorry, it works for me too. Can you give us more info please? Don't know

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

And works fine for me too.  Tried both 3G and 4G and checked that it's not a blocked or has a web filter on by my broadband to which it doesn't.

Its possible that the DNS server which is the website name look up in o2 didn't have the correct address to transfer it to or just hadn't been updated.  Websites are constantly changing and updating, so on occasions need a little time before they get updated.  It's normally done with in seconds, but on occasions glitches can happen.

When we type in a web address like www.o2.co.uk, this officially the correct address,

what happens is that when we type in the address, on pressing entered or go, the address is sent to what you call am DNS or Domain Name Server.  This then converts the www.o2.co.uk to a IP (Internet Protocol) address which is made up of numbers.

so o2 IP address is 83.132.355.80. 

Its a a lot easier for Humans to remember words like o2 or use google and type o2 to search than having to remember the whole string of numbers.  I know that I wouldn't know any IP address on the web with our looking it up using the www part.

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

its working now, not sure why it didn't work for a few days

Message 9 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Glad it's all working now 👍

Message 10 of 11