cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplicity ulimited texts changes,, not happy!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

had the ulimited texts plan for over a year,,,,, o2 have changed it from 12,000 to something way less. This is a game breaker for me, im dont call much I only text, really having to think now and possibly move elsewhere.

For starters unliited texts that have a minimum use of 12,000 is not uliminted is it,,,, yes it was fair enough as I would never use all that.

Now its at 2000 or 3000 and Ive used all mine 2 weeks into my tarriff

Not a happy customer, all I can do now is buy a 12 pound bolt on for 400 or top up and use the 12p texts.

Im going to do neither,,, I will be looking elsewhere for more texts

Changed becuase some people were abusing it,,, I doubt that, changed to get more money more like

Some people were abusing so f the people who aren't

Great Stuff O2

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I can understand your frustration how do you know what its changed to I havent seen it posted anywhere?

Message 2 of 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I was always under the impression "unlimited" was around 3k txts due to the "fair usage policy" bit.

How on earth can you send that many txts in such a short space of time?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent topped up for ages and have just noticed theyve put me on a tariff where they take your money and thats that for the month.

Dont they let you just top up a tenner and just have credit any more as a tenner will last me close on a year.?

Message 4 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You should be able to. Have a look in My O2 to see what tariff you are on. If it's not the tariff you want then contact customer service to change it or you should have the option in My O2.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jonsie,I,ve been through all the tariffs and there all free this and have this and bolt this etc etc.

Contacting customer services I tried,but as you probably know it,s not an easy task and have given up,hence my signing up for this forum of which was another mare to say the least.

Message 6 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Normally text and web is the tariff you want whereby you keep your credit and get your allowances only if you top up each month. You keep the credit though.

Try the O2 Chat option in my signature in the morning , your tariff shouldn't change unless you request it. Bit naughty O2!

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it's changed because, over the last year anytime you check your tariff it says you have 11,000 or 10,000 etc

Their unlimited texts had a fair use figure of 12,000

So this month I top up and pay my £15 for 300 minutes and unlimited texts, I'm 2 and a bit weeks into my monthly allowance and I've used all my texts.

Little googling seems they lowered it because people were abusing it by spamming with it.

So they lowered it to a quarter of that figure, without telling any of their customers. Apparently it's in their terms and conditions, yet when you choose a pay and go tariff online it doesn't give you the option to check that or tell you they have lowered the fair use number.

Can we get an official explanation please, I've been a customer for like 8 years or something. Do I have to go find a provider with a decent fair use on unlimited texts. When you text all the time instead of call 3000 texts will run out in no time.

Im stuck now until 2 weeks when my tariff comes round for renewal unless I want to top up again and pay extra money, when I've never had to do that before.

Seems like O2 trying to squeeze out more money from its customers, nothing else. You could of just halved it to 6000 not quarter it.

Do I have to call trading standards,,,, I mean 3000 texts is not unlimited texts is it? I don't care if it tells you in the terms and conditions it's still false advertising.

It should be 3000 texts and 300 minutes, will be complaining tomorrow. And if I'm not happy trading standards it is.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thx for your help jonsie.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's a few companies I could change too. My phones not locked to a network. First you get rid of the top up surprises, then you quarter your unlimited texts policy. I don't want priority crap I just want the odd reward for topping up and truly unlimited texts with no small print. 12,000 great, 6,000 fine,,, 3000 no thanks I can get better elsewhere
Message 10 of 16