cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swapping

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit of a techno-dunce I'm afraid....

In September I received a 2nd hand phone bought a new sim from O2 and have used it a couple of times

I continued to use old phone and sim from other company, waiting for the contract to expire. I've been told that I can transfer my old sim, with info and number to new phone with O2, and given the PAC no. Can I still do this, transferring the account from the original O2 sim to the transferred one, and keeping the same terms of agreement with O2?

TIA

Kate

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
lol, I think I've got it now slight_smile
All you need to do is give O2 your PAC from Voda and they will transfer the number to your current O2 sim.
If you have any data you want to keep on sim 2 you will have to manually transfer that to sim 1 but your actual phone number will be transferred by the PAC process, it will just be any contacts you have saved that you will actually need to move manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sorry, but I'm going to need to try and understand a little better.
Your September sim (SIM 1) was a new sim from O2 with a new number?
Your other company sim (SIM 2) has now had it's number transferred to O2 on a different sim to SIM 1 or the same sim as SIM 1?
Or do we know have a SIM 3?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hee hee, sorry it's a bit confusing.

New Sim (sim 1) is O2 in iphone, contract taken out as Sim Only in September. This has been used a few times.

Old Sim (sim 2) is with Vodafone in old phone. (contract taken out 2006!). This has been used quite alot.

I've been told I can cancel Vodafone contract and transfer Sim 2 (using PAC supplied) to O2 and insert into new phone.

It's too late to terminate Sim 1 contract. Am I better off just manually transferring data info onto my O2 sim and use new phone number or 

asking O2 to transfer Sim 1 contract to Sim 2.

ooo dear, I don't think I've made that any better to understand, have I..

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
lol, I think I've got it now slight_smile
All you need to do is give O2 your PAC from Voda and they will transfer the number to your current O2 sim.
If you have any data you want to keep on sim 2 you will have to manually transfer that to sim 1 but your actual phone number will be transferred by the PAC process, it will just be any contacts you have saved that you will actually need to move manually.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just want to say I am really pleased someone (@MI5) has a clear head. Well done for working that out. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway....welcome to the forum @Anonymous....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Well done for understanding all that! Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know and, no, I promise, it wasn't a phD English comprehension test wink

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No worries.
I like a challenge wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Quite pleased I made no attempt to answer it....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

I would imagine Kate is too LOL

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I would imagine Kate is too LOL

Why would I even attempt it when I knew you were online?:smileytongue:

I know my limitations....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket