Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Staycee30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So this is a long one so please bare with me..
I got my new contract phone on Wednesday the 21st July.. requested a sim swap the next day so i could keep my old phone number. Was told it would be complete by the next day (Friday) It’s now Monday and i am just getting messed around by o2! Had to contact them every day since getting my new phone because the port in hasn’t worked completely! So i can make calls and i can send texts and it shows as the number i had it swapped to.. but i can not receive phone calls or text they still go to my old sim card!! Every time I contact o2 i get told it’s been raised and to give them 24hrs… after 24hrs I’m then told it’s been raised give us 24hrs.. honestly sick of it now 😡 Just taking the absolute mick now!! I’ve done everything they have asked, reset network, turn call divert off, restart phone, reinsert sim card.. still nothing the old sim is still in service and receiving everything. Anyone had this happen before??
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Staycee30 

It sounds like something called a split port, whereby the porting files get corrupted and it has to be redone.

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Staycee30 

Just use your old sim if it's still working.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Staycee30
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My old sim is 3 network and I’ve moved to o2.. i can only receive calls and texts on the 3 sim. Nothing else..
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Staycee30 

Then you need to port in, not a sim swap https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Staycee30
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah that is what they have done. I did it through the online chat thing… so basically the o2 sim has the number i wished to switched to and so does the 3 sim. So if i call or text anyone from my o2 sim it comes through as my swap number but if someone calls or texts me it goes to my 3 sim card… if that makes sense? It’s like the port in only worked half way..
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Staycee30 

It sounds like something called a split port, whereby the porting files get corrupted and it has to be redone.

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You will need to CALL customer services an tell them you have a split port.
They will then escalate this on their side to resolve.
There are a number of ways to call them in the link below, including Skype on the freephone number.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7