Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap no calls

Vjm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I recently needed to do a 5g compatible sim swap for my new handset. 

I completed all the steps waited 24 hours and still cannot make or receive calls (data and texts seem to be fine) 

Has anyone any ideas? Just being told to wait by support. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

I know what you're talking about.

If you read what I wrote, I said "Porting doesn't work at weekends but sim swaps do"

The point is, there is nothing preventing sim swaps over the weekends.

And if someone else has requested a sim swap and they now have access to your number, you need to change any passwords for accounts that you have any 2FA set up on your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 14

Vicky88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I read that wrong.  I know it was O2 that have done this sim swap as they’ve admitted it.  What was a simple issue with my Apple Watch has now turned into a bigger issue affecting my phone too.  I’m just so annoyed 

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

That's understandable @Vicky88 

I'll ask @O2Lisa to look into this for you in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 14

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5.

@Vicky88 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 14