Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not receiving text back

SimNotWorking
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

About months ago I asked Vodafone to give me my pac code, I joined O2 and this is the big mistake I did.
From that day my SIM card is not working properly.
I asked O2 to give me the pac code, I moved back to Vodafone, after weeks I moved back to O2 on pay monthly SIM card, and the problem was still the same (not receiving text) and I decided to move to giffgaff, about weeks ago again I moved back to O2, still the same problem (not receiving text), I asked O2 on chat, calling, O2 stores, and unfortunately I don’t have any idea what is going on.
I did many sim swaps, but O2 still don’t know how to help me.
O2 keep saying is my handset, but is not true, I have iPhone SE, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, Samsung, Nokia and Sony, all unlocked (free)...
So please you need to find the problem, unfortunately my number 075........ never work (getting text from any number or nowhere, from no one) with O2, and I don’t understand why.
I have this number for about 12 years, from the day I decided to join O2, the problem starts.
I have used the number with Vodafone, EE, giffgaff and also for 3 weeks with sky. But this happens just with O2, so please can you (someone) do something about it.
I’m tired, really tired calling, chatting, visiting the O2 store and no one is able to explain the problem.
Please, please, please I need my number working 100%
So again: the problem starts when I joined O2 for the first time... means you did something by mistake and from that day I’m losing time trying to explain, and I have no support from no one from O2. This is so sad, unfair.
I’m unhappy, please do something...
Again, my number 075........ is not getting/receiving text back...
Please, please, help me...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SimNotWorking this is not o2 customer service you are talking to. This is a customer to customer forum. We have no access to accounts. Please call customer service 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Check the o2 help here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

SimNotWorking
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 is always O2... and don’t care where or with who I’m talking.
Have a lovely day for you too ...
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have to ask.... why do you keep coming back to O2 given the problem you have every time. Is there a reason that you keep changing to every different network. Just interested.... 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@SimNotWorking wrote:
O2 is always O2... and don’t care where or with who I’m talking.
Have a lovely day for you too ...

You really should care as we are all customers on here.

One or two people work for O2 but they are not allowed to post on behalf of O2 and can only advise the same as the rest of us.

We have no access to accounts, for obvious reasons, so in oeder to address those kinds of issues you really do need to be talking to customer services on 202 for contracts or 4445 for PAYG.

Welcome to the community forum Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @SimNotWorking! Sorry to hear that you've been having problems with receiving texts. 😞 I wanted to check if you've had any progress with this since you last posted, or if you're still stuck? 

Message 7 of 7