Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working

Yuli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help,my sim card has suddenly stopped working, I cant make calls or recieve messages, I can access internet and what's app through my home wi fi, I have tried switching my phone off and taking the sim out but it keeps showing no sim, emergency calls only and if I try to make a call it says not registered on network, though I have been with 02 for years and had the same number.
Thank you for taking to time to read
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Yuli 

Check help here Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

If it's a faulty sim, you will need to call customer service for a replacement Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

Also check your MyO2 to ensure your bills are paid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Yuli Check to see if there are mast problems in your area: https://status.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Yuli 

Check help here Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

If it's a faulty sim, you will need to call customer service for a replacement Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

Also check your MyO2 to ensure your bills are paid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Yuli
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for replying, I have contacted 02 as the network is fine and my bill is paid they are going to send me a new sim card to try
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Hope that sorts it for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Yuli
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
*UPDATE I received my new sim card today, had to contacted 02 on a family members phone as I could not activate it from phone as could not text or phone, 02 have activated it and it is now back up and running.
I guess my old sim decided it did not want to work anymore.
Thank you
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Yuli 

Yes, they do fail occasionally.

Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7