Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Sim card migration issue

Ok well I migrated from Pay monthly to pay as you go. I got a sim card sent out with my number on it and was told I had to top it up before it activated. Seemed reasonable but I was waiting for my next pay cheque to come in so had to wait. In the few days that followed I went searching for were I left the sim card only to find it was gone. I have searched for months has I need that number and the sim was never activated. I have tried ringing O2 customer service but finding no help what-so-ever. Please can anyone give me some advise I have now been without a phone for months and tore the house apart in searching for it. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Sim card migration issue

Speaking to Customer Services on 202 from any 02 powered mobile should help you.

If you go into an 02 High-Street Store they generally have blank sims in stock and you can ring Customer Services from their store phone.

If they can redirect your original number they will.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah I think you miss read the bit were I have tried that already. Oh and as for O2 stores I'm sorry but they never seem to have any clue what's going on at all (at least in my town). I know they're only franchises but still they should have a bit of a clue. I know also of the standard Sim swap having been with O2 for a long time. Don't get me wrong I am pro O2 but it seems to me that they are bound to have a procedure in place for that if the Sim card migration is lost in transit can be used in conjunction to my own personal problem that's all.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh sorry.

The guys in the 02 Shop only need to give you a blank sim and you only need to ask to use their phone. No product knowledge needed there. Smiley Happy

Well hopefully you'll find the SIM card you lost, that 02 supplied correctly, and all will be well. Smiley Wink