Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap

Emvern81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone and performed a sim swap last night. 

It did say it would take anything from 1-24hrs to be complete. However, both my old and new phone are now not allowing calls or text messages out. I need a working phone! The phones have been like this now since around 7am (so nearly 3hrs). I need to make a phone call but unable to! 

I have tried to restart my new phone a few times but nothing changes. I can't speak to a 'real person' in an online chat and I'm not able to calll out. Please help! How long will I be left without the ability to call out? 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

JT2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m also having exactly the same issue, unable to get a response even through on-line chat!! Noticed my old phone had been disconnected overnight but still no connection on my new phone!!!

Message 2 of 3

Emvern81
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm glad it's not just me but I shard your frustration. It's really bad - I don't have a landline so rely on my mobile completely. I need to go out but my bus ticket is on my phone and without Internet connection I can't even use it when away from my WiFi! It's really bad actually that they've left people like this! You realise how much you rely on a mobile once it's not usable. I wish you luck 🙏

Message 3 of 3