Did you mean: 

Sim Only Mod Term Upgrade

Wod
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys,

I notice the option to upgrade my sim package, I currently pay £20 a month but can see new customers can get more data for the same price. So I checked and to my surprise I can see the option for me to select this very package. If I selected this as a current upgrade, what would happen exactly? I assume that simple the contract start date changes forwards to the date I accept the upgrade and there the end day extends, is that it? There's no hidden charges? Don't have to pay the current airtime plan obviously? As that would just be robbery?

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll end up getting some 4G coverage which isn't poor but for now I'm scraping by on 3G still 🤞🏼 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wod 

It's just a straight upgrade so your new contract will start almost immediately and the end date will be 12 or 24 months from now depending on which tariff you choose.

No early repayment fees and you should be eligible to upgrade again after 30 days.

I upgrade around every 6 months to get the latest deals and free Disney slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wod 

It's just a straight upgrade so your new contract will start almost immediately and the end date will be 12 or 24 months from now depending on which tariff you choose.

No early repayment fees and you should be eligible to upgrade again after 30 days.

I upgrade around every 6 months to get the latest deals and free Disney slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No hidden charges

Your upgrade commences a 12 or 24 onth contract from when you choose the option

Message 3 of 8

Wod
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Awesome stuff, that's more than fair and a good way at keeping customers like me who take these things into account. I'm used to being on a network which always offers new customers the best whilst they charge current customers more for the same. Ahh nice and Disney is getting pretty good these days for sure! Enjoyed Shang-Chi and have you noticed that Disney and Marvels have made the IMAX format better for us 16:9 display owners? Less of the letterbox! Woop woop 

Message 4 of 8

Wod
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response, I'll probably go ahead with the 12 month upgrade for an extra 20GB I'd go for the 24 months but 4G/LTE coverage is very poor in my area so I'm somewhat limited to what I can access anyway in terms of data. 

@jonsie wrote:

No hidden charges

Your upgrade commences a 12 or 24 onth contract from when you choose the option

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You're welcome @Wod and I'm loving Disney at the moment too.

Hawkeye is brilliant slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Wod
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh yes, me aswell, I think the finale is tomorrow or the following day. Can't wait! Enjoy and also have a good Christmas. Hopefully I'll be sticking about and scanning though the community. Peace out and thanks once again 😊

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Welcome to the community @Wod and yes, hope you stick around.

Happy Christmas to you and yours too 🎄

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8