cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigh. I used my 14 day cooling off to PAC out but now getting charged the full contract

mutantcarrot
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After posting on here about slow speeds, I got a PAC from O2 on THU 28th June whilst I was still in my 14 day cooling off period.  I requested by PAC from O2: The O2 SMS message stated that "You're in your Change Your Mind period, if you switch before 04/07/2023 you wont have to pay any charges for ending your contract with us" and it also had my PAC in the same SMS.  I gave the PAC to my new provider on the 28th June, they said it would take a full working day to complete.

The PAC went through/activated/transferred on FRI 30th June with my new provider so this should be the switching date.  The o2 sim went dead the same day (I have a dual sim phone so it is trivial to check), new sim took over the number correctly.  Even with another  working day for O2 to update their system I was easily within the cooling off period of TUE 4th Jul.

Roll on an email today saying that I will be charged the whole contract amount!  I cannot click on the "see my bill" as "myO2" reckons I have no products with them and no way to click on a bill so I cannot see what they have charged me for or why.

Any ideas on what I can do to avoid being charged?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6515 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Did you manage to resolve this with O2 @Dmt-313 or is it still causing you problems ?  

Message 11 of 11