Setting new upgrade ipad

Vimto88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just received new iPad as an upgrade. Got a
new Sim but with an existing number
I want to set up new iPad with Quick Start from my phone. The old iPad with the same number is at repair shop getting new battery- if this is potentially‘on’ somewhere will it prevent my new iPad being able to be set up ? Need to do it via mobile network as currently no WiFi
My phone is recognising the Quick set up, and got as far as scanning the blob on new iPad but then just the moving circle I have Bluetooth switched on
So
1 Am I just being too impatient and need to let the moving circle do its stuff
2 Is apparently nothing happening as same number is active on another iPad elsewhere
3 Do I have to wait until the new iPad Sim is recognised somewhere as being active?
4 IPhone isn’t recognising iPad via Bluetooth
What I want to do is set up upgraded iPad using cellular option only from my iphone 11
Help?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Vimto88 

Check the Apple help here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210216

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Vimto88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks - I did look at this but it diesnt seem to cover cellular transfer rather than via WiFi - tho I don’t think it mentions WiFi specifically either Nor understandably touch on my specific problem of 2 iPads 1sim number - I appreciate you responding and taking the time to look things up
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm not sure it works on cellular does it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4