cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously O2 Seriously!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 500MB a month by direct debit as a test and backup connection and you put this

https://shieldav.o2.co.uk on it as I can't get to http://morphium.info its 500MB a month! Its not like anyone is going to get their kicks from that for crying out loud!.

But your going to say but you can turn it off...sure...right....if I had a magic wand! Its bad enough you want a credit card to do this but your not letting me use a debit card which has visa on it but no needs to be a credit card thats visa.

You have a system in place where I can give that £1 to you to show up on my statement with https://billing.o2.co.uk put in £1 and have it! There prove and you can cross reference with my card with my bank to know my age KEEP the £1 I just want the thing turned off.

Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If this is a pay monthly account a call on 202 can lift the bar no need for the automated credit card system but that is your choice loads of threads about the adult verification system.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

They've obviously put a shield on it for a reason so either find a browser that you can use or don't use it

Message 12 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Welcome back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

.... its 500MB a month! Its not like anyone is going to get their kicks from that for crying out loud!.

Too true,

500MB only gets a small tug.

general047.jpg

Message 14 of 27

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I couldn't possibly comment.....well I could, but I daren't.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 27

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

And it is not o2 who decide on the content block but http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/mobile-content o2 only follow there guidance and comply 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 27

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Yes so many threads about this but so easy normally to get the block removed.

Message 17 of 27

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
CS did mine over the phone without any other proof because I had a DD set up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

PeterUK1 wrote:

But your going to say but you can turn it off...sure...right....if I had a magic wand! Its bad enough you want a credit card to do this but your not letting me use a debit card which has visa on it but no needs to be a credit card thats visa.

You have a system in place where I can give that £1 to you to show up on my statement with https://billing.o2.co.uk put in £1 and have it! There prove and you can cross reference with my card with my bank to know my age KEEP the £1 I just want the thing turned off. 

Credit cards (Mastercard or Visa) are used as a means of age verification because you have to be 18 to apply for credit, whereas it's possible for children to obtain a debit card. As others have explained, there are other options for removing the block (including taking photo ID to an O2 shop), so there's no need to get stressed about it.

Message 19 of 27

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yes, it's very simple to do.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 27