cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending/Receiving texts and calls in America to American numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologises to the online team to begin with, I am using my phone and everytime I clicked to send a message I got relocated to another page. I'm currently on holiday in America and unable to send texts or make calls to American mobile or landline numbers, I can however do the same back home to the UK. I have tried using the international prefix before the local numbers but nothing works. Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes you should have notified O2 that you were going abroad, but if you say you have the travel bolt on, that shouldn't be a problem. You have said that you can call and text to the UK so you can try calling Customer Services on +44 844 809 0200. Its a free call from your mobile. Hopefully they will be able to sort this out for you. I believe you can call up to 9PM UK time, but be aware of the time difference from wherever in the US you are.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

What US network are you roaming on? You might want to give that network a call and explain your problem to them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
T-Mobile, I was on AT&T at one point but my sim is blocked from connecting to them again for some reason, so I guess I'm stuck with the former. I briefly read other people who have had difficulties with T-Mobile so maybe its just their policy...any idea why AT&T would be blocking connection?
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm not sure if O2 have a roaming agreement with T-Mobile in the US. That may be your problem. You should call in to an AT&T store and ask why you're being blocked.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bad, I tried to connect to AT&T again and it is actually my sim card blocking the connection, as opposed to AT&T blocking me. Did o2 need to know I was going abroad? Through the app I can see I've got the travel bolt on but cannot access any of the online content.
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes you should have notified O2 that you were going abroad, but if you say you have the travel bolt on, that shouldn't be a problem. You have said that you can call and text to the UK so you can try calling Customer Services on +44 844 809 0200. Its a free call from your mobile. Hopefully they will be able to sort this out for you. I believe you can call up to 9PM UK time, but be aware of the time difference from wherever in the US you are.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6