cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung and Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, So my Samsung Galaxy S5 died while in my drawer in work. Its a new phone of only 3 weeks so I was surprized when i couldnt power it on. I took out the battery, put it back in and it still refused to start. I plugged in a charger, charged it for a short time and it then restarted. (The battery was not flat at all). Ever since then Ive had major problems with signal. Ive had no proper signal since friday (21st August) and long periods where I can only get Emergency Calls. I took this into a shop and they replaced the sim card, it worked for about 5 mins but it didnt work after that. They did the same thing again with the main Customer Services (they deactivated my account?) and its still not working. Customer Services rang me back after 24 hours to see what the situation was but my phone cut them off and they didnt bother to ring me back despite having my house number. As I work in the Ambulance service, I need to be contactable at all times and this is not acceptable. When I first took out my phone contact 24 months ago, my Sony Ericsson phone did something similar and its not acceptable in this day an age to pay £28 a month for a Smart phone capable of 4G and the temp hand set they give us is an outdated 1990s Nokia. As O2 having had the sense to even try and call me to resolve this OR put an email so I can complain, Ive had to resort to this. Not happy customer!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same situation and locations and it still doesnt work 😞 While I used to get 4/5 bars of coverage in the house, I get 1/2 at the most.
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So does it work elsewhere OK?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked your signal on the coverage checker
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, signal checked already and its fine on the O2 site
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried replacing the sim to see if it's faulty